What comes to mind when you think about getting a storage space? Most of us picture packing our stuff into a truck and carting it off to a secured facility. But companies offering portable storage units (PODS) have changed all that. This service allows you to load and unload from your own driveway.
So what are the main differences between portable storage like PODS and Self storage? Here are some important pros and cons to consider.
Storage facilities such as Public Storage or U-Store have multiple locations so it’s easy to find one near you. The least expensive locations are usually on the outskirts of town.
Self Storage Unit: Pros
- Space sizes vary from a small 8×10 unit to a huge 20×30 unit, and beyond.
- Some offer garage-style units, while some have units within the building.
- Almost all facilities are climate-controlled.
- Facilities will be easily accessible anytime during business hours.
- You go to them instead of them coming to you.
- You must load and unload your stuff twice instead of once.
- Space is subject to availability of units.
- You can’t ship your stuff to your new place without loading it again.
PODS are a relatively new concept in the storage market. PODS provide a metal container at your door for you to load. The “PODS” company is the most well-known, but there are many others (such as PackRat, BigBox, and DoorToDoor) to choose from.
- Units are delivered to your door and picked up again from your home.
- Multiple sizes of storage units are available, up to 8’ x 16.’
- You can opt to have your loaded unit stored in a PODS warehouse.
- You need only pay for one move (loading and unloading), not two.
- Higher overall costs than Self storage.
- Monthly rates are higher unless you store the units at your home.
- POD company may not allow easy access to your belongings.
- Depending on local laws, you may not be able to store units on your street.
- Unit sizes are more limited—if you have a large home you will need multiple containers.
Happy to know something more about the cabinet at this site..Self storage must be important in your home for storing the different things that makes your home crowded...Nice blog...!!!