Depending on the amount of help you’re needing there are several ways to make things more efficient on moving day:
- Box everything in professional movers boxes, avoid open top boxes or unstackable boxes. If you fall behind on packing give our office a call and we’ll be happy to allot more time for packing along with bringing the right materials.
- Keep boxes light (~35lbs), the movers will have an easier (eg. more efficient) time working with lighter boxes. Plus, you have to lift them later to unpack!
- Break things down and take things apart. However, if you don’t have the time, tools, or know-how our movers will be happy to help on moving day.
- Keep access ways like hallways clear of obstacles and stack boxes out of the way near the entrance of the home or in the garage.
- Remember to find a safe place for small children and pets. If animals are safe in a bedroom or bathroom, and children are attended to, we’ll have a safer and more efficient working environment.
- If possible dedicate the day to the move. If you plan to have the cable/phone technician, painter, cleaner, contractor, and movers come all in on the same day our job will be more difficult and time consuming working around these obstacles.
- If you live downtown reserve things ahead of time. Reserve a parking space that involves the shortest walk possible and don’t forget to reserve the elevator.
Posted in: Resources