How much will fit the in the truckload depends on quite a few factors. The main ones are: how many items you have and how many non-stackable items there are (such as exercise machines, fragile furniture, fragile boxes, yard furniture/tools etc).
Some tips to make the move in one trip:
- Pack everything that fits into a box into a box including your pictures, mirrors, tvs, lamps and lampshades. The more things are square and protected the easier they are to stack.
- Use professional moving boxes, using open topped boxes or odd shaped boxes will make it harder to pack and unable to stack.
- Try to group fragile items into the same box to reduce the number of fragile labeled boxes in your move. A move with lots of fragile boxes make it difficult for the mover to create the base needed to stack your fragiles on top of.
- Take items apart that can be taken apart or ask the movers to do so for you.
We use a variety of moving trucks for our services, which truck you are assigned will depend on the size and distance of your move. Depending on the above factors here is a general guide for what we see fit into a truckload:
- 16′ Truck: 800 – 1000 sqft
- 26′ Truck: 1400 – 1600 sqft
Posted in: Resources